What if I forget all the PINs on my Aegis Configurator-Compatible Secure Device?
If you forget the User and Admin PINs you may still access the device using a data recovery PINs, provided they were established at initial device setup. If data recovery PINs were NOT established, you will not be able to access or recover any of its data. There are no back doors or hidden manufacturing codes that will allow data access. To resume using the device, you will need to completely reset which will result in the following:
- All data on the drive will be erased
- A new encryption key will be generated automatically
- All PINs will be deleted (Admin, User, Self-Destruct, Data-Recovery)
- A new Admin/User PIN(s) will need to be established
- Data Recovery PINs should be established
- The Aegis Secure Device will need to be reformatted