What if I forget my PIN on my non-configurable Aegis Secure Device?
If you forget the User and Admin PINs, you will not be able to access the data. Recovery of the data will not be possible. There are no back doors or hidden manufacturing codes that will permit access to its data. You will need to completely reset the Aegis secure device which will result in the following:
- All data on the drive will be erased
- A new encryption key will be generated automatically
- All PINs will be deleted (Admin, User, Self-Destruct)
- A new Admin/User PIN(s) will need to be established
- The Aegis Secure Device will need to be reformatted